Greenville, NC: Artist Incubator Request for Qualifications
The City of Greenville in North Carolina, East Carolina University’s School of Art and Design, Pitt County Arts Council, and A Time for Science are inviting artists to submit a proposal to the 2019-2020 Greenville, NC Arts Incubator program. The focus of this incubator is to offer studio space for working artists and cultivate an environment to learn business skills to eventually start their own arts-based business in the Uptown Greenville District.
Description & Goals
The location of the Artist in Residence is at The Art Lab, located at 729 Dickinson Avenue in Greenville, North Carolina. The Art Lab is a shared Arts Incubator space that will house the Artist in Residence and three artists in the Arts Incubator program. Greenville, NC is the home of East Carolina University.
The goals of the Artist in Incubator program are to:
• Bring together the community utilizing the arts as a vehicle for collaboration.
• Provide studio space, teaching opportunities and community engagement to emerging artists.
• To offer business resources to the artists, in hopes that the artists will start their own businesses in the Uptown District.
• To create a stimulating business on Dickinson Avenue for the public to enjoy to come and see, buy, and learn.
Application Deadlines and Expectations
The application deadline is Saturday, June 29, 2019. Applications must be submitted and received by Saturday, June 29th by 11:59pm.
Saturday, June 29, 2019: Deadline for Applications
Wednesday, July 10, 2019: Artists Notified
August 1, 2019 - July 31, 2020:: Year One of Residency Occurs
• Successful applicants must commit to:
o Working an average of 20 hours a week in The Art Lab for either, 1, 2, or 3 years.
o Working an additional 20 hours annually on a Community Public Art Project.
o Being active within the studio space on Dickinson Avenue, and creating a visually pleasing space.
o Giving regular updates to the Pitt County Arts Council staff.
o Providing a criminal background check to the Pitt County Arts Council staff.