Class Guidelines and refund policy
- There will be temperature checks at the beginning of each class.
- All students, instructors, and staff are required to wear a face mask. We will have some available for purchase or you may pack your own.
- We encourage you to dress for mess. To reduce sharing items, Emerge will not be able to provide aprons. We encourage you to pack your own apron or wear clothes you are ok with getting art on.
- The in-person class size has been reduced to 4-5 depending on classroom size.
- Emerge will offer a Zoom option for a few of the classes. Students must have their own supplies (except for clay that would have to be purchased through Emerge with contactless pick up).
- The in-person class and Zoom class are not interchangeable.
- Emerge asks that if anyone in your household is sick or showing signs of becoming sick, that you do not attend class.
- If someone is sick or showing signs, please let us know and Emerge will issue a refund for any unused class time.
EMERGING ARTISTS (Grades 1st - 5th)
Grades 1st - 5th (Children taught at a skill and pace level sufficient for their needs.)
The bread and butter of any artist is a clear understanding of the various elements and how they are essential when it comes to producing a successful piece of work. Young artists will be exposed to a variety of mediums including clay handbuilding, sculpture, painting, and textiles to discover where their niche in the arts is. [Min. 4, Max. 4]
Instructor: Mary Dementev
Spring 2021: Session 2: March 3 - March 31 (5 classes) Reg. Code: AF-84
In-Person Class Cost: $65 for Emerge members, $105 for non-members
Spring 2021: Session 3: April 21 - May 26 (6 classes) Reg. Code: AF-85
In-Person Class Cost: $75 for Emerge members, $115 for non-members
Private lessons are available for both youth and adults of all ages.
Private lessons are available in all areas including metal design, painting, pottery wheel, photography, textiles, and more. Interested in another medium? Just ask. These hands-on lessons are taught in the one-on-one format with the instructor demonstrating, then letting the student try it. Class dates and times are scheduled by the student and instructor’s mutual agreement.
Call Paula Rountree at Emerge (252) 551-6947 or e-mail at email@example.com for more information and to schedule.
Cost: $150 for Emerge members, $190 for non-members. (4 one hour lessons)
Bring a friend: two people for $100 each, three or more $75 each (members only)
Need only one lesson? Schedule by the hour: one person for $40 an hour, two or more people is $35 an hour per person (members only)